Gili Meno is a small island located between Gili Trawangan and Gili Air. It is part of the group of Gili islands in the north Lombok regency. This island often describes as a honeymoon island because it is not as busy as the other two Gili islands.
The same as other Gili islands, Gili Meno is also best for diving and snorkeling. Some parts of the beach are also best for relaxing and enjoying the sunset. Not so many things to do on the island but it takes you to enjoy much your holiday.
Getting to Gili Meno from Lombok Island
The only way to get to Gili Meno from Lombok is by boat from Bangsal or Teluk Nare harbor. If you plan to visit the island, you can get on the public local boat from Bangsal. These boats depart every time when there are 20 people on booking. The cost of a public boat to Gili Meno from Bangsal is IDR18.000 per person.
Speed boat from Lombok to Gili Meno offers a daily departure from Teluk Nare harbor. The speed boat trip to Gili is based on a private transfer with a maximum of 5 people per boat. It will take approximately 7 minutes to get to Gili Meno from Teluk Nare.
From Gili Meno to Lombok also possible to use a boat, both public and speed boat. The transfers on a speed boat to Lombok will be on a private arrangement. Meanwhile, if you go on a public local boat, you will go on a group of 20 people.
Bali to Gili Meno by Fast Boat
If you are in Bali and plan to visit Gili Meno, you can use a fast boat from Padang Bai, Sanur, and Serangan. The fast boat to Gili offers a daily departure with more than one daily schedule.
Sanur and Serangna harbors are located in southeast Bali. If you stay in Nusa Dua, Legian, or Seminyak, it is recommended that you book on the fast boat from Serangan or Sanur. The fast boat from Sanur to Gili Meno will take approximately 2 1/2 hours.
If you stay in Ubud and Candidasa area, it is recommended for you book a fast boat from Padang Bai. The fast boat to Gili from Padang Bai will take approximately 1 1/2 hours. Most fast boat operators will provide free hotel transfers from Ubud, Kuta, and Legian.
For more information and book a fast boat ticket to Gili, you can check out the page fast boat ticket from Bali to Gili Islands. There are also other fast boat routes of fast boat to Gili you can find.
What to Experience while on the island?
Overall Gili Meno is the same as the other Gili Islands. However, the island is quieter and more relaxed compared to the other two Gili Islands. The following are things to experience while you are on this island:
- Snorkeling at turtle point on the northeast of the island. The island is also famous for being a place where you can find turtles on the Gili islands.
- Snorkeling at the underwater sculpture in the northwest of the island. This is one of the best-recommended activities to do while on the island. You can join a snorkeling boat tour to get to this place.
- Diving is probably one of my favorite activities to do on the island. You can join a day trip dive with some of the best dive operators on the island. Enjoy amazing underwater marine life on the island.
- Lounge on a white sand beach. The island offers a beautiful white sand beach where you can spend your day.
- Join a glass-bottom snorkeling tour to other islands, Gili Trawangan and Gili Air. You will have a fun day by joining this boat tour around the three Gili islands.
For the best day activities, you can join one of the activities on the island. If you like to do diving, try to find the best dive operators or travel agencies for the best-recommended dive trips. Meanwhile, if you want to do a snorkeling boat tour, you can find street vendors to book it or find the best rate for online booking.